Sunday, November 29, 2015

Transfers calls this week

Hello my people! 

Time has seriously gone by way too darn fast. I felt like I was just writing you all yesterday. Anywho, so transfer calls are this coming Friday and I'm practically begging President to let me stay here haha. And George is helping me out with trying to get president to let Sister Abana and I to both stay as well haha. 

Well anyway, this week was eh again in terms of teaching and numbers BUT!...we had 16 nonmembers at church yesterday! 5 of which are investigators and the rest are all people who have expressed interest in learning about the gospel. The lord has blessed us greatly here. 

Well this last week we had interviews with President and then some training from the Assistants. And I e said it before and I'll say it again...We have the best mission president ever!! (No offense the any other past, present, or future mission presidents) He is just so funny. I always look forward to interviews with him. And I'm thoroughly convinced that Dad and President Anderson would be great best friends. His personality reminds me so much of my fathers. I love it. He really feels like my dad out here. 

And we had a lesson this week again with Augustine & Pricilla and they are both doing very well. Again I just love African people they are so humble and they love God so much and are so willing to learn. I'm excited to keep teaching them and will keep you posted on their progress. Then this week we went on exchanges again with our STLs. Normally they don't do exchanges for a companionship twice in one transfer but President gave the sisters and opportunity to go on another exchange and they decided to exchange with us! At first I thought we were in trouble or something but they just wanted to exchange with us! And it was so fun. I went to Vineland again for the third time and sister Abana stayed here. I went win Sister Hoofman again and we had a great time. We went and taught one of their recent converts Lenton again and if you remember I talked about him last time and he is the one that's like basically deaf but can still hear a little bit. So when you teach him you have to literally yell haha. But he is the sweetest old man and I've only taught him twice but I just love him. We talked about the priesthood and patriarchal blessings with him and we talked about how it's like a map for us or like a blue print and he said "oh I gotta get me one of those! I think I need one!" Haha he is great. 

Then we tried to do some service and contacting some more people and while we were eating dinner right before we exchanged again we stopped at a restaurant and while we were eating this young man who worked there came up to us and started talking and once he saw our name tags he started aski us questions and somehow we started talking about the living prophet on the earth today. And he said "whoa, wait, what?! There's a prophet on earth today??" We said "yes" as we smiled. And normally when we tell people that there is a prophet on the earth they usually say "mmm I don't know about that." But this young man was so excited and amazed. And it finally hit me how blessed we are to know that there is a living prophet on earth today. And I was so grateful to be able to share that knowledge with him. We gave him a card because he had to get back to work but I was grateful for the opportunity to share with him the knowledge of a living prophet. I love Vineland. I hope I serve there too. 

Yesterday in church we learned about missionary work in Relief Society. And specifically we talked about how there are so many people looking but they don't know where to find it. Some people don't even know that they are looking for it until they experience it. The gospel is the answer to everything. It really is. It is the answer to lives greatest questions. But it is only something that can be learned really through experience. The more you keep the commandments and do the things that invite the spirit into your life the more you will begin to experience the love and mercy of our Savior Jesus Christ. I read a talk the other day by President Ezra Taft Benson called "Life Is Eternal." From April of 1971. And in it he explains how we are eternal beings. How life really is eternal. He said, 

" Yes, life is eternal. We live on and on after earth-life, even though we ofttimes lose sight of that great basic truth.
Our affections are often too highly placed upon the paltry perishable objects. Material treasures of earth are merely to provide us, as it were, room and board while we are here at school.
Yes, this is but a place of temporary duration. We are here to learn the first lesson toward exaltation--obedience to the Lord’s gospel plan." 

I loved that. We are eternal. A scripture in Alma 12: 24 illustrates my point even further...

"nevertheless there was a space granted unto man in which he might repent; therefore this life became a probationary state; a time to prepare to meet God; a time to prepare for that endless state which has been spoken of by us, which is after the resurrection of the dead."

This is our time to prove ourselves. To prove that we can be obedient to gods commandments. No commandments are not restrictions rather they are the very things at set us free from the consequences of sin. Because there is an endless state to come. It just depends on how we each plan to live in the endless state. And living the commandments is the way that we will learn true happiness and eternal joy in the eternities. I know that this is true. The scriptures teach it. So, how do you want to live for eternity?? :)

Love you all!! Until next week! 
~Sister Amy Callaway~

Oh also we stared teaching a family that moved from Georgia they are from Lawernceville?? Close to Brittney! 


Also so,e fun throwback pictures to the MTC days. And Brother Rockwood, the one who served in the Roseville, Ca mission! And also a funny picture of President and two of his assistants haha




No comments:

Post a Comment