Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hello my beloved pamilya!!

Hello my beloved pamilya!!

(That family in Tagalog in case you were wondering...Sister Abana has been teaching me some haha) I hope everyone had a fantastic week!! Sorry this email is probably going to be super short but we are short on time today! Anyway, this week just feels like a blur I can hardly remember what happened! Also I heard Lexi got married! And Taylor got home from his mission! Which means Connor VanLiew also got home which means Chase is coming home soon!! What the heck that is so crazy! Time seriously goes by so dang fast when you are on a mission, I seriously can't believe that I've already been on my mission for 7 months now! I can remember being up at Rexburg like it was yesterday! But that was almost a year ago! Crazy!

Anyway so this we taught quite a few lessons which was awesome!! We taught out investigator Lisa who is getting baptized in the next few weeks!! Training is going great and I just love Sister Abana! She is so awesome! And she cooks which is great too! But since I can hardly remember this week and I practically out of time I will tell you some of what I have learned this week! 

One of my favorite chapters in the bible is John 10. I love this parable that the Savior uses when describing the sheep and the Good shepherd. When talking about the wolf that is coming to devour the sheep most people would say that the wolf is probably satan. And to some degree I would agree but I labeled the wolf Justice. The sheep are us. And the Good Shepherd is the Savior. And I love this parable so much because it really puts into perspective what the Savior and His Atonement does for us. If you are familiar with the chapter then you know that as the Savior describes it the wolf comes to devour the sheep. But in trying to do so the Good shepherd intercedes and stands between the wolf and the sheep. Or in other words because He laid down His life for us and atoned for our sins He stands between us and justice. We will all be justified according to the laws of justice because God is a just God but He is also a merciful God. And because He sent His Son to pay the price for our sins He can then apply mercy to us. A quote from Brad Wilcox explains it better than I ever could, he says

"Christ asks us to show faith in Him, repent, make and keep covenants, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. By complying, we are not paying the demands of justice--not even the smallest part. Instead, we are showing appreciation for what Jesus Christ did by using it to live a life like His. Justice requires immediate perfection or a punishment when we fall short. Because Jesus took that punishment, He can offer us the chance for ultimate perfection (see Matthew 5:48; 3 Nephi 12:48) and help us reach that goal. He can forgive what justice never could, and He can turn to us now with His own set of requirements."

There are Scriptures in Mosiah 15:9 that support this too. But I just love that truth. That the Savior loves us so much that He payed the price for our sins and that by so doing He can stand between us and justice, and He can stop the punishment that we are to suffer because He already paid that price for us. And as long as we keep all of His commandments we will inherit all the blessings He has in store for us. I am grateful for our merciful and loving father in Heaven who loves us more than anything that He sent His son to die for us. I know they live and I love them with all of my heart and soul. 

Love you all!! 
Until next week

~Sister Amy Callaway~

No comments:

Post a Comment