Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Susquehanna still has my heart

Hello my dearest loved ones! 

Okay so real quick, just had to give a shout out to Brother Gallagher. I was told by a little birdy that I do not make mention of him enough in my emails and I apologize. Haha miss you Brother G! You're the best! 

So this week was good but hard in a lot of ways. Last Monday right when pday ended the elders in our ward gave a us a referral for an someone living in our area. Well we showed up around 6:15 and we met miss Judy and her grandson Davion. Judy had a friend who referred her to the missionaries and she invited us in. She said she didn't have much time but that she is very interested and wants to know more about "that book" meaning The Book of Mormon. So we taught her a very simple Restoration in 5 minutes or so and then we gave her a copy of The Book of Mormon and she said that she will definitely be ready it. She is so sweet and we are so excited to continue working with her! 

Then this week we had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Susquehanna Sisters! Which meant that we got to go back up to The Restoration site! We drove up to Susquehanna and if you remember how I talked about it when I was there in October I just love it even more every time I go! The spirit there is indescribable. I felt just like I did in October. It is amazing. We went there to exchange with the Susquehanna sisters and so Sister Robison came with me and Sister Shaffer went to Susquehanna with Sister Brown. And Sister Robison came out with me so it was good to catch up with her a little bit. Sister Robison and I had a good day here in Wilkes-Barre and then the next day we had Zone Training. And Sister Shaffer and I had the opportunity to train on how to use The Book of Mormon. And the more we trained the more my testimony was strengthened on the importance of The Book of Mormon. Especially with the mission that we are serving in. A mission where a lot of The Book of Mormon was actually translated not too far from us just a little ways up the Susquehanna. And a mission where not only so much church history happened but where so much American history happened. A place where so many people fought for freedom, and whether knowingly or unknowingly so that The Restoration could happen and that The Book of Mormon could come forth. I love this mission. 

Then yesterday we had the opportunity to hear the testimonies of a family that was sealed on Saturday. The missionary who helped this family came back and came for the sealing and as I was listening yesterday I felt such a strong spirit and confirmation of why I am here. To help families be sealed for eternity. That is what it is all about. That is and should be the end goal of all missionary work in the church. To help families be sealed for eternity. This week is going to be even better than the last, and I am going to work like I still have another 18 months left! 

Sorry this email is shorter than most but I just wanted to share a quote that I love, President Monson once said, 

"The best decision I ever made was to give up something I loved for the God I love even more. He has never forgotten me for it." 

I know now, that no matter the sacrifice, there is no greater testimony than giving up what the Lord asks of you to serve Him in whatever way He asks. Serving a mission is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, I still have moments of "I don't know if I can keep doing this" but in those moments God always provides a miracle, and helps me to see the why of missionary work. I'm definitely not a perfect missionary. I am a slow learner and even a slow speaker. But I know what the Atonement can do for an imperfect person like myself. The Atonement is real and it works for everyone. I love my savior with all of my heart. And his gospel is true.

Love you all! Until next week! 
~Sister Amy Callaway~

Our Zone pictures...the normal one...the silly one...and then Sister Martinez and Sister Robison from exchanges! Sister Robison is a byu volleyball player and she is 6'1 and I am 4'11...it was pretty funny to see us walking around together for a day haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment