Sunday, January 17, 2016

i don't know how to title this one...

Hello loved ones!! 

So this week was great!!  Had transfers on Tuesday morning and sister Veater and I knew that we would be getting another sister in place of Sister Lefevre. And our new companion is Sister Kartchner! She is from Tucson Arizona and has been on her mission for about 14 months now. And the funny thing is is that she and Sister Veater have already been companions once before lol. But we are having fun being in a trio again! This is my third trio so far so I'm convinced I might just be in trios for most of my mission haha. But considering Sister Veater goes home this transfer we will see. 

So last week after transfers we got Sister Kartchner and came back to our tiny little apartment that is not fit for a trio...got her stuff inside ate, lunch and then we left immediately to go out and do some work! So we were walking around in Upper Darby trying to contact some potential investigators and we passed a few people who were getting or of their car and Sister K started talking told them that we wanted to share a message with them about Christ and asked if we could come back sometime...it was all very straightforward but then I was like "can we come in and share it with you now??" They said "sure" and it invited us in...and as we went it we found their entire family there also. It was a big family and we invited them all to listen to our message. They told us they are from Africa and they had met missionaries over there before. We shared with them the new Christmas video and they loved it. The spirit was SO strong! We asked to come again and teach them and they accepted! We are exited to teach them about The Restoration!! It's part of my personal purpose as a missionary to find families. So I was super happy :) I'll keep you posted on them! 

Then later this week we were out trying to contact some more people when this woman was walking past us and we started talking to her and the first thing she says to us is "I don't speak English..." But we got her to 'understand' that we wanted to show her a video and then she agreed to watch it. Then after the video she starts telling us about some of her struggles she has had in her life but now how a God has helped her overcome them...and all in perfect English too! :) haha it was a miracle, the Lord obviously blessed her with the gift of tongues in that moment to speak to us in English...haha I just thought that was so funny. 

 Honestly I can't really remember the rest of this week for some reason im trying to think back but... it's just not happening right now haha. But I do want to share something that I learned from my studies this week that I love so much and wanted to share! It was from this last general conference and it says this talking about loving others as the Lord does himself and it all basically sums up everything I've been learning...

"Only when we see through Heavenly Father’s eyes can we be filled with “the pure love of Christ.” Every day we should plead with God for this love. Mormon admonished, “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ.”

With all my heart I want to be a true follower of Jesus Christ. I love Him. I adore Him. I witness of His living reality. I witness that He is the Anointed One, the Messiah. I am a witness of His incomparable mercy, compassion, and love. I add my testimony to that of the Apostles who, in the year 2000, stated “that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. … He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world.”

I testify that on a day in 1820 in a grove in upstate New York, the risen Lord appeared, along with God, our Heavenly Father, to the Prophet Joseph Smith, just as Joseph Smith said They did. Priesthood keys are on earth today to enable saving and exalting ordinances. I know it. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Remember, the gospel is true. It's all true. 

Love you all!! I love this gospel so so much! 
Until next week! 
~Sister Amy Callaway~

Bishops wife Sister Hernandez! We spend every pday at her house! I love them they are so awesome! Philly skyline, and some minion blow up thingy that I thought was awesome! 




No comments:

Post a Comment