Sunday, January 17, 2016

:)

Hello my loved ones!!

Sorry if this ones short but my iPad is about to die...but Thanks everyone for the happy birthday wishes!! I had a great birthday! But New Years in the city is CRAY-Z. Thankfully we weren't anywhere near the crazy stuff going on but the Elders in our ward serve in the middle of West Philly. And I can honestly say I have never seen such long lines in front of the Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores before...yikes! All was well and we had a good New Years. 

Oh and mom thanks for all of your New Years/birthday stuff it was fun...however I didn't open any of it until Friday I didn't know some of it was meant to be opened on New Years Eve...but we hung them up that morning!! Haha so thank you mom and everyone I loved it all :) we just had weekly planning most of the day though and then we had an awesome lesson with a man named Christopher who we met at a car repair shop. We had a great lesson with him and is very interested and came to church yesterday too!! 

Also we got transfer calls on Friday and Sister Lefevre is getting transferred but we are still going to be in a trio. And this is also sister Veaters last transfer before she goes home. So we will see how this transfer goes! I'm excited though. 

Oh and also we had a baptism yesterday!! It was awesome!! And we are so excited for sister Baker she has worked really hard for this. 

I'm sorry this email is kind of lame but my iPad is literally about to die and I don't have a charger but quickly I wanted to share this quote that I liked from a talk by Pres. Eyring...

"But the test a loving God has set before us is not to see if we can endure difficulty. It is to see if we can endure it well. We pass the test by showing that we remembered Him and the commandments He gave us. And to endure well is to keep those commandments whatever the opposition, whatever the temptation, and whatever the tumult around us. We have that clear understanding because the restored gospel makes the plan of happiness so plain."

I'm grateful for trials and tribulations that a loving God allows us to have. Because they are often the very things that bring us closer to Him. 

I know this gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that my savior lives. 

Love you all! 
Until next week! 
~Sister Amy Callaway~

Pictures!! Also Moroni went on top of the temple this week!!






No comments:

Post a Comment