Thursday, June 4, 2015

I love this gospel

Hello everyone!!

Well what a week! I can hardly remember everything that really happened this week haha so sorry if this email is kind of all over the place and seems so scattered.

Well first of all I cannot believe that my baby sister is graduating high school this week!!! I seriously am so sad that I am going to miss it but that's okay, she better just carry a picture of me with her as she is walking! No but really, just know that come Saturday I'll probably be crying all day haha. 

Also we got to record some songs today at a members house! It was awesome! And maybe I'll send them soon when we get them.

But anyway, this week was pretty good. We started off the week by having a lesson with Tony, (one of our most progressing investigators I talked about a few weeks ago) we finished up teaching him The Plan of Salvation and he LOVED it!! He is understanding everything so well and you can tell in every lesson that the spirit is teaching him which is by far the most important thing. We are teaching him again tonight and I can't wait because he is like that golden investigator that everybody wants. He keeps every commitment we give him and the most amazing thing is that you can see the Atonement working in his life and in the lives of his family members. It is the most amazing thing. It's hard though because he is going to be baptized but not until August, but hopefully I'll be able to come back for his and Laura's baptism :) and then a year from now be able to see them sealed in the temple as a family :) 

We also had a lesson with his fiancĂ© Laura and her daughter Angel. At the beginning of the lesson we had planned on teaching them one thing but as the lesson went on we found that the spirit wanted to teach them something else. The lesson was amazing and the spirit was so strong. We taught them about strengthening their relationship as a family and especially between Angel and her little sister. And it wasn't really until after the lesson that I realized that this is what it is truly all about, strengthening our families because families are forever. At the end of the lesson the members who were with us turned to Sister Asi and I and said "We felt the spirit very strong in your lesson today Sisters, thank you for all of your hard work." And that is seriously the biggest compliment you can give a missionary, because that is the one thing that I want most in any of our lesson is to always have the spirit there and to help not only the investigators but the members feel the spirit as well. It was all amazing and I love this family that we've had the opportunity to teach :) 

Another cool experience this week was when we were in Kutztown and we walked into the local library because it was so hot outside. We walked in and started talking to one of the women that worked there we got to talking about the gospel and who we are and what we do as missionaries. She said she had had a friend a few years ago who was a member and gave her a Book of Mormon. We started talking about the Book of Mormon and how it is another testament of Jesus Christ. She asked us some questions that we were able to answer for her perfectly and then she said "well ya know what? I'm going to pick up that Book of Mormon and read it tonight just because you two girls stopped by." I was grateful for that experience, because it just showed me that you never know what will come of the work that you do.

Well I love you all and I love this gospel more than anything!!! Sorry this one is so short but I'm sure I'll have more to tell you next week! 
Love you, 

~Sister Amy Callaway~




No comments:

Post a Comment