Friday, May 15, 2015

:)

Hello hello my sweet family and friends!!

Oh how I love you all! Well his week was pretty good. Many canceled appointments but what are you gonna do? People have their agency haha. We didn't teach many lessons his week which is super discouraging but we still saw many miracles! So now, onto the weekly report...

I forgot to mention this last week but, a few weeks ago at Zone Conference our Mission Presidents wife, Sister Anderson gave each of the missionaries a copy of The Book of Mormon and she asked us to write our testimonies in them and then gave us what she called "The Book of Mormon Challenge." (Which I will share with you in a bit.) Where she had us mark specific scriptures that give the reader a quick glance at what The Book of Mormon is all about it. Anyway, she asked us to prayerfully consider who we gave ours to instead of just passing it out like a flyer. This is something very special and she wanted us to give it to someone who we thought was truly ready to hear he Gospel of Jesus Christ. Well, so earlier in the month we got a referral from the church headquarters for a girl who had requested a copy of The Book of Mormon. And so a few weeks ago we went to give it to her. We showed up to her house where we met her, she was so sweet and she welcomed us in with a smile. We taught her The Restoration, and once the lesson was over I had in my hands two copies of The Book of Mormon. One with my testimony and the scriptures Sister Anderson had asked us to mark, and the other without it. Zone Conference had only been the day before and I had already been pondering whether I should give it to her or not. I had prayed that morning to know if I should give my specific copy to her but seemed to not get any clear answer. As we finished the lesson she asked for the copy she requested and I looked down at the two in my hands and trying to decide which one I was going to give her. Quickly I came to the conclusion that I should give her the one that I marked. As I held it in my hands I looked at her and told her that this book was very special to me, that it has help to change my life and bring me closer to Christ in countless ways. I told her that I had been praying about who to give that copy to and that I wasn't just going to give it to anyone but that I felt like she was the one I should give it to. Her countenance seemed to change almost as I expressed to her how important this book was to me. When I handed it over to her she just looked at it and was holding it very carefully like it is was a precious possession. Which it is, but she looked at me and said thank you for giving it to her of all people. As she walked us out she was telling us how she wants to be a Sister Missionary and how she wants to change her life and she was so grateful that God brought us to her.

We followed up with her about it last week and she said she has been reading it and loves it so much and she knows that this is something that she needs in her life!! We are so excited to go back and teach her! But with that I would like to extend this invitation to everyone...to please take a copy of The Book of Mormon and participate in The Book of Mormon Challenge! :) {you'll find in down below}

The Book of Mormon Challenge
{grab a copy of The Book of Mormon and begin!}

First Page-- Write your testimony
Bottom of Page-- write "Turn To Page 59-- www.mormon.org"

At the Top of Page 59-- write "Read 2 Nephi 2:27" (underline scripture)
Bottom of Page-- write "Turn to Page 117"

At the Top of Page 117-- write "Read 2 Nephi 33:10-12" (underline scriptures)
Bottom of Page-- write "Turn to Page 310"

At the Top of Page 310-- write "Read Alma 41:3-7;10 (underline scriptures)
Bottom of Page-- write "Turn to Page 459"

At the Top of Page 459-- write "Read 3 Nephi 27:13-16" (underline scriptures) 
Bottom of Page-- write "Turn to Page 529"

At the Top of Page 529-- write "Read Moroni 10:4-7" (underline scriptures)
Bottom of Page 530-- write "Know It Is True--Then ACT!!"

At the Top of Page 531-- write "Read Moroni 10:32-33" (underline scriptures) 
Bottom of Page-- write "Now go to the beginning and read this Book!" 

{Then prayerfully consider who you give your copy to and watch the miracles unfold!!}


And now for in other news, transfers are this week and Sister McCuen is getting transferred :(
And so this is how transfer calls went. We got a call from our District Leader and we were freaking out! I answered the phone and the first thing he says is "you're both gone!" I freaked out and he immediately said "just kidding! I haven't even gotten the calls yet for who is getting transferred I was just bored."...I was mad haha. But anyway he calls a few minutes later and this time we did a conference call with the whole district and he names off everyone who is safe and everyone who is getting transferred. Sister McCuen and I being two that were safe. We were practically jumping for joy while others where so upset when we heard Elder Beirman say "now for the real transfer calls!" Again he had played another prank on us, which I didn't find funny haha. But eventually he gave us the sad news that Sister McCuen is being transferred. So we will see who my new companion will be this week! Which will be fun because we move the day after transfers. But all is well. Everyone on my district has been joking with me that I'll be training this transfer because Sister McCuen started training me only being 3 months out in her mission. And so I have been so anxious whenever the phone rings haha. But I will go and do whatever the lord asks of me no matter what it is. 

Yesterday we also saw a few miracles. After the week before when that woman tried to bible bash with us Sister McCuen and I decided to go back to her neighborhood and finish the rest of the houses. And so that's what we did. I'll be honest though I was scared to death of running into Liz again. But something that the Assistants to the President gave us this week was a verse in Moroni, 

"Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this manner, for they shall perish except they repent. Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear." (Moroni 8:16)

So I was repeating that to myself ALL day yesterday. And as I did I found that whatever fears I had completely went away. I love this gospel, I love my Savior, and I came to love the people we were talking to. Whether they were nice if whether they were mean. Because "perfect love casteth out all fear" and it does. Perfect, genuine Christ-like love casts out all fears. And so Ill leave this thought with you: if ever you're afraid to share the gospel, accept a calling, give a talk, etc anything! just remember that phrase "perfect love casteth out all fear." Do it out of love. And most importantly do it because you love the Savior. 

Sorry this email is a bit shorter than most but I didn't feel like writing a novel today haha jk jk. I hope you all know how much I love and appreciate you! But most importantly I hope you all know how much I love this gospel and our Savior! 
Much love, 

~Sister Amy Callaway~

No comments:

Post a Comment